Thursday, September 1, 2016

How I see Retrenchment?

Dear friends,

How do you see retrenchment?



"Ms Chew Siew Yin, 50, a production manager, had worked 28 years in the same company when she was laid off in December. The electronics manufacturer decided to move out of Singapore due to rising costs.
Still, the mother of three considers herself lucky: Her severance package and husband's salary are cushioning the loss of her $6,000 monthly income.
"We don't have many financial commitments - our car was scrapped last year and the housing loan is paid up, so we're not hit so badly," says Ms Chew, who is taking a break before job hunting.
"Some of my former colleagues have young kids or loans, and they are desperate to find a new job."
Layoffs climbed 20 per cent to 15,580 last year as restructuring, combined with the fallout from the global economic slowdown and the rise of disruptive technology, prompted more firms to let staff go"
There are more news as such:

Seagate lays off 1,600 in Singapore; more cuts possible




There are many more stories like this, which affected family


Will Retrenchment happen to me? hmm

Well, retrenchment may not happen to us now, as we are still young. What happen when we come to age 40? Age 50? or 60?

By the time when we have all commitments in mortgage loan and family commitment with kids. Are we well prepared now?

Certain circumstances, retrenchment may not happen. 

When approaching age 50-60, do you want to continue exchange time with money? 

What kind of lifestyle do you want to live?










What is your definition of Success?

In the past, my definition of success is

High paying job in big MNC, with a good rank and leading a team to show status. That's the reason why I choose to join top tier investment bank 

However, when I look at directors, VP and even my peers in my company, I don't think I want that kind of lifestyle


When my vision get broader, I realise the real definitely of success is

Having Money, Time and Health, all together. 

Often, we just look at Money as indicator of success.

Time and Health are 2 precious intangible assets that we don't recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted


What about you?




The meaning of life is find your gift, the purpose of life is to give it away 
Have you found your gift?

Siew Choon
90263064
Ultimate Freedom Coach


No comments:

Post a Comment